At Riverside Primary School we believe that delivering high quality PSCHE is vital in providing children with the knowledge, understanding, attitudes, values and skills they need in order to reach their potential as individuals and within the community. In our school, children are encouraged to take part in a wide range of activities and experiences across and beyond the curriculum, contributing fully to the life of our school and communities. In doing so they learn to recognise their own worth, work well with others and become increasingly responsible for their own learning. In addition, children reflect on their experiences and understand how they are developing personally and socially, tackling many of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural issues that are part of growing up.
The aims of PSCHE and Citizenship are to enable the children to:
● stay healthy.
● keep themselves and others safe.
● have worthwhile and fulfilling relationships.
● respect the differences between people.
● develop independence and responsibility.
● play an active role as members of a democratic society.
● make the most of their own abilities and those of others.
● behave in a socially and morally acceptable way including towards authority and each other.
● become involved in the life of their community.
● know about democracy and how to be an active citizen.
● know about economic wellbeing.
For more information about Riverside's approach to PSHCE, please see the documents below: