At Riverside we aim to teach our children the skills, knowledge and understanding they need to question and understand concepts and phenomena that occur in the world around them and equips them with the motivation to seek explanations for these. Children learn the skills required for scientific enquiry and they will begin to appreciate the way science will affect their future on a personal, national and global level.
Our Science Policy follows The National Curriculum 2014 for Science Guidelines and aims to:
● Stimulate and excite pupils’ curiosity about the world around them;
● Develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Physics to Satisfy this curiosity with knowledge;
● Provide pupils with opportunities to link learning with practical experience;
● Help pupils to learn to question and discuss scientific issues that may affect their own lives;
● Ensure pupil’s are equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of Science, today and for the future.
For more information about Riverside's approach to Science, please see our policy: